Happy Birthday

Named in honor of RAF_Yank, Lieutenant Colonel Don Archer USAAF Retired, our own WWII veteran fighter pilot...come on in, belly up to the bar, and shoot the breeze!

Moderator: RAF_DaddyO

RAF_Beerbuzz

Happy Birthday

Postby RAF_Beerbuzz » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:16 pm

Michael Halmick AKA Sammy who would have been 65 today. Great stories of his Navy days and one of his favorite hobbies of spear fishing. Miss talking to him late into the evenings. Happy Birthday.
Attachments
11960125_874031006017012_4931987472394883371_n.jpg
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Re: Happy Birthday

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:30 pm

S! TO Sammy!
Thanks for recognizing him Buzz and remembering. Yes, indeed, I very much enjoyed knowing him. Sammy I hope you're 'fat and sassy' where ever you are! And thank you for your service!
S!
DDO
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

RAF_Grit

Postby RAF_Grit » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:58 pm

I can hear him now: Yee-awww!

Thanks, BB, for remembering and calling attention to one of RAF662's more colorful characters. I miss his hijinks too.
—Grit
:RAFSalute:
RAF_Ddave

Postby RAF_Ddave » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:49 pm

S! Hello all ... been a while. I have been in contact with RAF_Bruiser and RAF_Hollywood, thought I'd drop in and say hello. I saw this post and had to add to BB's post. Samson ( Sammy ) was the first person to recruit me back in 2004 and was my 1st squad leader in Bravo. He taught me everything there was to know about IL2, including getting started on making the switch from scenery/mission building in CfS I and CFS II to building what became a huge library of IL2 scenery and missions. I miss those days and I miss Sammy yee-aww, yes, I hear him too. S!
RAF_Ddave

Postby RAF_Ddave » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:21 pm

Sammys original avatar from CFS I ....
SamSm1avatarbak.jpg
SamSm1avatarbak.jpg (12.8 KiB) Viewed 7111 times
RAF_Grit

Postby RAF_Grit » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Ddave!!

Thanks for posting Sammy's avatar—still remember that one.

Your post about Bruiser and Hollywood reminds me of Grover, my first squad leader. Does anyone know how to get in touch with him, or if he's still around? He's gotta be getting up there in years, but I think Bruiser was his first c/o as well.

Good times.
—Grit
:RAFSalute:
RAF_Ddave

Postby RAF_Ddave » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:00 pm

Grit !

Nice to hear from you. I am friends on Facebook with Harry but I haven't seen any posts from him personally in a while. His wife Hazel passed a while back but as of last year he was still alive and kicking, hard to keep a good man down :) Here's the link to his Facebook page. I miss flying with you guys but sims got too complicated for me and time got too short. My ten years in RAF662 from the early days were some of the best times and camaraderie I've ever enjoyed. I still have every old game ( CFSI,CFSII, IL2 ) artwork, and missions, still fly solo for a few minutes on occasion. Good times with good people :)

https://www.facebook.com/harry.postlethwaite.1