DCS Aircraft Cheat Sheets

Delta Squad - DCS World, Squad Leader: RAF_DaddyO
Information on flight times, and squad-specific postings belong here

Moderator: RAF_DaddyO

RAF_Grit

DCS Aircraft Cheat Sheets

Postby RAF_Grit » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:23 pm

:salute:

I put these aircraft cheat sheets together for my own use, but DaddyO convinced me to share with the rest of the class.

These are tabulated power settings and V speeds, which will hopefully prevent me from throwing a rod (overspeeded engine) or losing a wing (overspeeded airframe). If you are flying against me please disregard this post. :lol:

Unfortunately, the data is somewhat inconsistent because the AFMs provided by DCS for the various aircraft are not uniform. Even worse, the manuals will contain contradictory info like listing one cruise power setting in the throttle section, with something different under procedures.
In those instances, I used my own best judgement or went out into the hinterlands of the internet. So by all means DO NOT TAKE THIS DATA AS GOSPEL—it is very much a work in progress, being a combination of info derived from DCS, DCS-based sources, and real aircraft numbers (presuming the model follows published data).

If you see an error, or opportunity to add more info to a cheat sheet, please PM me and I'll post a revised version.

The cheat sheets are 3" x 5" and intended to be printed out, cut out and mounted on standard index cards. I used two cards: one for Allied aircraft with the Mustang and Spit front/back, the other for Bf 109 K-4/Fw 190 D-9. I have a small binder clip stuck to the side of my monitor, and I'll clip the relevant cheat sheet in place before takeoff. :ILikeIt:

You'll find the pdf file here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-VRa ... npDWnZrUHc
Cheat sheets just revised 2017-08-26 1800 Pacific, link updated. The current version is "Aircraft Crib Sheets, Public, 2017-08-26 v2.pdf

Tip: When printing from Acrobat or Acrobat Reader, check the box marked ACTUAL SIZE, which should output in the proper 3"x5" format and fit on a single sheet on most printers. If people have trouble with printer output I can break this up into a 2-page document.

As always, use at your own risk. And if you see a chance to help improve the product please let me know.

Cheers,
Last edited by RAF_Grit on Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
—Grit
:RAFSalute:
RAF_Grit

Re: Aircraft Cheat Sheets

Postby RAF_Grit » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:27 am

Sheets just updated, link in original post updated to suit.
—Grit
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Re: DCS Aircraft Cheat Sheets

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:21 pm

Nice Grit! very useful! i posted them to the downloads site for easy access!

\DCS Manuals\

http://www.raf662.org/kloudspeaker/inde ... 4536d74e37
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

RAF_Grit

Postby RAF_Grit » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:15 pm

RAF_DaddyO wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:21 pm
Nice Grit! very useful! i posted them to the downloads site for easy access!

\DCS Manuals\

http://www.raf662.org/kloudspeaker/inde ... 4536d74e37
Ah cool. I don't have download-creation privileges—apparently our boss man doesn't think I'm trustworthy enough. :?

Like anything else culled from multiple sources, the current iteration is neither 100% complete or entirely accurate, due to info conflicts. :roll:

I used the best judgement and made educated guesses where I could, deferring to the official DCS aircraft manual or in-game cockpit placards whenever possible, reasoning that those should be modeled. I purposely avoided data from other sims, but did refer to real-life aircraft flight manuals for confirmation and clarity.

I erred on the safe side in coin-flip situations (say, when there are two boost levels given for max continuous power I went with the lower level; likewise when nominal power for the Spitfire was listed as both continuous and 1 hour max, I went with 1 hour).

Over time and, hopefully, with crowd-sourced contributions, this will become an ever-improving resource. :ILikeIt:

I'll continue posting new versions to this thread, and if you keep replacing them in downloads maybe that's the way to go, so people can subscribe to this thread to be notified of new versions, and then get them from the RAF662 downloads library. :cheers:
—Grit
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:18 pm

S! permissions granted... oversight in the \dcs manuals\ permissions settings. RAF_Members all now have full permisions, read/write/delete...
S!
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

RAF_Grit

Postby RAF_Grit » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:54 pm

RAF_DaddyO wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:18 pm
S! permissions granted... oversight in the \dcs manuals\ permissions settings. RAF_Members all now have full permisions, read/write/delete...
S!
Dangit, that's not what I wanted. This sounds like more responsibility. I'm actually trying to create less of that, not more. :cry:
(Thanks, DaddyO. :salute: )

Cheers,
—Grit