Delta Squad - DCS World, Squad Leader: RAF_DaddyO
Information on flight times, and squad-specific postings belong here

Moderator: RAF_DaddyO

RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Re: DCS: Normandy 1944

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:08 pm

S! grit... some answers for ya:

Question re: the Dora + Kurfurst + Spitfire + Mustang + High Stakes campaign bundle for $76. I'd still need to buy Normandy?
(Yes, the $ for that pays for the aircraft and the campaign (which is mission content), but the AC can be used in any of the 3 maps: caucasus, normandy or las vegas, once you own an AC, its yours to use in any map.)

And it also says: "Requires DCS World version 1.5!" Does anyone know if these aircraft will be compatible with Normandy as well as regular free DCS world? I don't want to think I'm scoring a deal and then discover these don't work in Normandy.
(Yes,! they are...i bought all mine in free DCS 1.5 and they all work in 2.0. The way DCS works is the game itself and one map (caucasus) is free. with that you get one free map, one free AC too - the SU27 = russian version of the a10 warthog. But you have to pay for additional maps: normandy, and nevada, and additional AC: spit, 109, 190, p51. and some of the other content, like wwii expansion packs, etc.)

...and it looks like version 2.1 is coming June 14, so I'm gonna wait at least that long so as not to do a colossal update just days after downloading this beast over my 3 Mps connection.
(no its already here, we're in it now. the june 14 is an update to add more contents into the WWII assets pack. once you get the main beast down, about every two weeks, the auto updater updates you patches and fixes and expansions for you)
(one nice thing is different than il2, where you have to find and install everything.... dcs maintains itself for you.)

DDO
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

RAF_Raven

Postby RAF_Raven » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:51 pm

DCS 2.1.1 update postponed until next week
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p= ... stcount=28
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:53 pm

S!,

NEW DCS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER: You'll want to check out the latest newsletter, and read down about the progress on the normandy map, and the WWII assets pack (A10 Havoc AI coming! as re more armour!)_... also for those looking to purchase, they are always running specials including NOW! so CHECK THIS LINK!!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... 62017.html

(brought to you by Delta-squad intelligence team)
S!
DDO
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

RAF_Grit

Postby RAF_Grit » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Okay,

There's still some question as to whether I'll be able to run this thing on my system. I've maxed out my system RAM at 16GB, which meets the minimum and then some. My processor is at about the minimum. My graphics card is not a 2GB card, as spec'd out as minimum, but...Beerbuzz sent me a 2GB card he had and I tried it and it's slower than my current 1GB card. So maybe what I have now will be adequate? Otherwise it's gonna be awhile while I save up the chips for a GPU upgrade.

But because I love you guys, I've bit the bullet and bought the WWII four-pack just now while it's still on sale. So even though I've yet to get the game I do have in my hangar the Me-109K, Dora, Spit and Mustang. Just a question of whether I'll be able to fly them. In the meantime it's an investment in the future. I do miss flying with you guys, gotta get back to that. This is a start.
—Grit
:RAFSalute:
RAF_Raven

Postby RAF_Raven » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:13 pm

S! Grit

I'm not sure how well your GPU will handle DCS 2.0 but I manage to run it at a solid 60fps on a i5, 16gb RAM, and a Amd Rx480 8gb.
Before I got this system I was running DCS 1.5 on a Amd 5400k 3.5ghz dual core and a Amd HD 7700 512mb GPU, wasnt pretty but it was playable.
Nice, You officially own more WWII aircraft than I do, Lol

See you in the skies :RAFSalute:
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:48 pm

S!
Alrighty Grit! Way to dive in.! Giddddyyyuupp.... you now have a full hangar! Excellent.! Way to go,,, hopefully we'll see you in the skys soon... !

And, as we know that there's nothing that motivates, more than fear of public humiliation... Rav and i are planning a live DCS server dashboard, with 'who's online' and a live pilots scoring system on our 662 page!
LOL... complete with stats, flight times, kills, shooting percentage, etc.! Coming soon!

(no worries for the right price, i know the admins, maybe they'll tweak with some numbers for us. LOL;-))
DDO
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

RAF_Raven

Postby RAF_Raven » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:04 pm

DCS 2.1.1
DCS World
Trigger Scenery Destruction Zone will work on Nevada.
Textures integrity control for terrains has been added.
GUI. Main window. Module manager icon with indicator of not-installed modules added.
Game options. Graphics presets slightly modified.
Game options. Added gamma slider available in the graphic options and ingame options.
Module Manager. Installed tab. Added hyperlinks to developers homepages.
Normandy. Added instant action missions for Ka-50, F-15C, Bf 109, Su-27, Fw 190, L-39.
PAI. WW2 big formation. Death of leader will not cause groups to turn around and head to their first waypoint. Added Mission Task to transfer the formation control from dead wing leader to followers.
Added livery selection into Rearm/Refuel panel.
Shadows on aircraft body with very noticeable aliasing corrected.
Input. A 'negative' axis response will restored.
UAZ driver model will not disappear on mid-range LOD.
Mirrors will not display distant objects through near ones.
GUI. Graphic options. Some options depend of Deferred Shading state.
AI helicopters. Helicopters will be spawn in the correct formation as it assigned into Advanced actions - Set options - Formations.
AI helicopters. Helicopter wingmen behaviour in formations corrected.
WWII Assets Pack extended. Added new units.
Su-25T. Chinese pilot manual updated.

DCS P-51D
Russian pilot manual updated.

DCS FC3
Su-25: Fixed NPP Pointer that was inverted.
Su-25. Chinese pilot manual updated.

DCS UH-1H by Belsimtek
Corrected of strange behavior of long cargo rope after hooking.

DCS Mi-8MTV2 by Belsimtek
Bugfix: The center of gravity is not restored after the procedure "repair" (now it fixed)
RAF_Raven

Postby RAF_Raven » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:54 pm

Noticed changes in 2.1.1

Mustang glass cleaned up
Trains can be added in missions
B17's fire their guns now & large formations work well
Multiple flak and aaa for Germany (30's 36's 37's 88's +more) 40mm for US / no flak effects in the air that i noticed
WWII infantry + more tanks/unarmed vehicles
Ships attack & Coastal guns
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:06 pm

Up and running on the server!

Trains yeah... choo chooo!!!!!
More AA, Yah!
DDO
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

RAF_Kahuna

Postby RAF_Kahuna » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:44 pm

Normandy + WWII Asset pack...and what else? I'm late to the party. Lots going on in the real world.
Molon Labe "come and take them"