SCCA Time Trial

Named in honor of RAF_Yank, Lieutenant Colonel Don Archer USAAF Retired, our own WWII veteran fighter pilot...come on in, belly up to the bar, and shoot the breeze!

Moderator: RAF_DaddyO

RAF_Rooster

SCCA Time Trial

Postby RAF_Rooster » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:47 pm

:salute:

RAF_Rooster here, I completed my first SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Time Trials event in my Spec Miata. It was at the Talladega Gran Prix Raceway on October 1 & 2, 2016. I ran 76 laps over the weekend. Great fun, beautiful weather and caught up with some old racing buddies.

Here's some video my wife shot on Saturday.

https://youtu.be/udhrp4ZRfTI

Here's some GoPro in car camera footage. The first lap is my fastest lap of the weekend.

https://youtu.be/vBXg4nxVEPs

:ILikeIt: :cheers: :RAFSalute:

RAF_Rooster
RAF_Beerbuzz

Re: SCCA Time Trial

Postby RAF_Beerbuzz » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:21 am

Nice Rooster
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:44 pm

Wow, Rooster! no refly/respawn button even! :-) Nice.! Made me a little nervous watching it, takes some measure of guts I bet! Must have been quite exciting driving it!
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

RAF_Rooster

Postby RAF_Rooster » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:32 pm

Yep, no respawn button. I was trying to get used to the car and did not push it very hard. Fortunately it is a very easy and forgivable car to drive, Mazda Miatas generally are that way. I still had a blast! I haven't done an open course event in over 15 years.

I would like to make the next event at Roebling Road outside of Savannah GA. But I need to get caught up on some expenses and sell my old race car.

RAF_Rooster :cheers: