Sad news

Named in honor of RAF_Yank, Lieutenant Colonel Don Archer USAAF Retired, our own WWII veteran fighter pilot...come on in, belly up to the bar, and shoot the breeze!

Moderator: RAF_DaddyO

RAF_Beerbuzz

Sad news

Postby RAF_Beerbuzz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:56 pm

I was just informed by Screwball that Grit passed away today. I have no details yet and will post when I do.
RAF_Beerbuzz

Re: Sadest news

Postby RAF_Beerbuzz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:36 pm

With a heavy heart I must pass the information that the fun loving RAF_Grit passed away today at the young age of 54. Most of you that had the pleasure of knowing him know he always made our nights of flying, racing or shooting a fun event. I am still in shock over this news but hoping anyone has a good memory to please post here so we can remember our fallen brother.
Last edited by RAF_Beerbuzz on Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
RAF_Beerbuzz

Re: Sadest news

Postby RAF_Beerbuzz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:36 pm

With a heavy heart I must pass the information that the fun loving RAF_Grit passed away today at the young age of 54. Most of you that had the pleasure of knowing him know he always made our nights of flying, racing or shooting a fun event. I am still in shock over this news but hoping anyone has a good memory to please post here so we can remember our fallen brother.
Last edited by RAF_Beerbuzz on Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Re: Sad news

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:34 am

Oh My, that is terrible news.

I got to know Grit on a personal level. When our squad and site were very much threatened with getting the ax, it was Grit and I who planned on saving it. Grit encouraged me, and actually convinced me we could do this. I'm glad I listened to him. Grit counseled me on the technical and inter-personal aspects of our resurrected site and squad. He was always irreverent, and funny. Not least of which he was a cycling brother of mine, yet another one, I've lost, who I consider a brother. Grit's gone off into the sunset on a long breakaway. God Speed Grit, you can coast up hill now always.

RAF662 flags shall fly at half-staff this week,
S! DDO
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

RAF_RicoChet

Postby RAF_RicoChet » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:32 am

Grit, Garrett was like a brother to me. For 15 years we worked together, ate sushi together, rode bikes together and played video games together. I have Garrett to thank for introducing me to you fine people. As sad as I am, I'm also going to continue flying, tanking, racing and mostly talking to, joking with and sharing my life with you all. <S!> to imaginary friends! You're a good bunch, and thank you all for being such a great part of my brother Garrett's life.
RAF_Beerbuzz

Postby RAF_Beerbuzz » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:34 am