X says......."Hey Fellers!!!!"

General flight sim discussion forum

Moderator: RAF_DaddyO

RAF_Xray

X says......."Hey Fellers!!!!"

Postby RAF_Xray » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:03 am

It's me, Xray. Hope you fellers is doing okay. Thanks DaddyO fer letting me back in to post. I have missed not being able to, you are a gentleman, sir. I aint flown in years, but I sure would like to do it again. I'm thinkin IL2 carriers and short field landins, also close formation/aerobatics. And or CFS1 H_World navigation, and helos. If any you fellers have that interest, let me know. God Bless you Fellers. X out. :cheers:
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Re: X says......."Hey Fellers!!!!"

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:38 am

S! Hey X... welcome back mate!
I put up the short landin's map on RAF662.org IL2 server in your honor.. so you can brush up your skills!
I think most of the active flyin we're doing lately is on DCS world, on thursnights, so look in to DCS if you can. But IL2's always playing the old'ies.!
S! Mate,
DDO
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

RAF_Xray

Postby RAF_Xray » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:44 am

Ya don"t gotta worry bout IL2 jus fer me. I want to fly with 662 fellers, so I will look into this DSC thingy, I'm at their site as I type this. I assume there are no carriers. Hey.....can I land helos on rooftops in Las Vegas? Are there difficult places that have a hard surface that may be landable in DCS? Can we program bad weather, time of day, winds an stuff? Can we make sceneries in DCS like we did in IL2? Can we do ILS landings?

X out.
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:58 am

I'll attempt some answers...
Hey.....can I land helos on rooftops in Las Vegas? ((yep, i think so.. helo's = yes, many of them!!, and if you buy the Vegas map.. well, yep you can probably land on the cowboy's singing arm....)Are there difficult places that have a hard surface that may be landable in DCS? (yes, roads work great! there are few airfields, and you can't just put an airfield anywhere on the Caucasus map, but you can land on roads just fine.. just ask beerbuz I watched him dead stick on one once!) Can we program bad weather, time of day, winds an stuff? (yes, yes and yes.. mission builder has all that, and dynamic weather patterns!) Can we make sceneries in DCS like we did in IL2? (yup, full misson builder with programmable scripting... its a little harder to use than IL2 FMB, cause you can't preview the map very well, but it works) Can we do ILS landings? (yes probably, if we setup on some flat roads somewhere... you don't have as much scenery/furniture to place in the DCS FMB, like IL2 but there is some.)
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

RAF_Samson

Postby RAF_Samson » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:52 pm

Hey there X,

Long time no see partner! And to answer one of your questions, yes you can land on a carrier in it mate. I hope to see you flying soon X.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch....

As I have grown older: I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but *beep* everyone off is a piece of cake.

I think it is just terrible and disgusting how everyone has treated Lance Armstrong, especially after what he achieved, winning 7 Tour de France races, while on drugs. When I was on drugs, I couldn't even find my bike.