New Guy---Looking for a Squad

General flight sim discussion forum

Moderator: RAF_DaddyO

DieHard

New Guy---Looking for a Squad

Postby DieHard » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:04 am

Hi. I just joined you guys. Been with DCS since 2011. Aces High out of Texas, USA before that for a long time.

With DCS, I have most of their inventory, all the WWII aircraft. Ka-50 used to be my main ride for a long time.

I fly the Bf-109. I am interested in joining your squad if you have a German aircraft squad.

I am good at ground attack. My dog-fighting skills not that great.

Was on your server earlier this morning. I will be back on your server.

I am in NY State near West Point. I am a retired guy.

Take care.

Kurt
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Re: New Guy---Looking for a Squad

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:36 pm

S! DieHard,

Glad to hear of your interest, welcome to our boards. Surf around here, checkout the forums and info, and joining information, first link, under the 'Squadron Pages' link. More info there. Come online and fly with us on our server, and come online on comms with us so we can meet ya. (Teamspeak 3) info on our home page, as well as the useful links section on our site. Look for the DCS pilots most active (RAF_DaddyO, RAF_Raven, RAF_Grit, RAF_Beerbuzz, RAF_CDT_JRock) we'll help you and and get you going.

Yup, we're recruiting, so looking forward to meeting you online.

S!
DDO
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

RAF_Raven

Postby RAF_Raven » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:04 pm

S!
Hi DieHard,

Welcome, we all fly different aircraft, all WWII birds of course. I think most active RAF are eastern time too, and we are on most nights of the week.
Don't worry about skill, we're no pros either haha, see you online.
RAF_Grit

Postby RAF_Grit » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:42 pm

DieHard wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:04 am
Hi. I just joined you guys. Been with DCS since 2011. Aces High out of Texas, USA before that for a long time.

With DCS, I have most of their inventory, all the WWII aircraft. Ka-50 used to be my main ride for a long time.

I fly the Bf-109. I am interested in joining your squad if you have a German aircraft squad.

I am good at ground attack. My dog-fighting skills not that great.

Was on your server earlier this morning. I will be back on your server.

I am in NY State near West Point. I am a retired guy.

Take care.

Kurt
:salute:

Welcome to our humble lil' forum, and our piece of Normandy. :cheers:

Sounds like we might have some things in common. I just got DCS working a couple weeks ago so I'm learning the flight model and systems (ugh!), but spent a scary amount of time in IL-2's various permutations. Did some Microsoft CFS and Aces High (back in the era when you could pull hard Gs in a P-51, break off the outer wing panels and suddenly have a REALLY fast clip-wing Mustang). :lol:

I spent most of my IL-2 time in Zekes and 109s, Ki-84s and 190s (both As and D-9s). I have all four WWII aircraft, but will probably settle on the Bf 109 K-4 or Fw 190 D-9 as my regular ride. I don't know that we have a German aircraft squad, but if you see me on the server I'm likely in Axis hardware.

Not much for ground pounding, but if we ever get RAF_Rooster on DCS you'll have a b-itchin' wingman. Rooster can drill holes in ground forces like a starving oilman going through Texas shale in IL-2, and hopefully we'll see him join us in our Great Migration to DCSland.

I'm a better dogfighter than ground attack guy, which isn't saying much. But I can probably dilute the enemy's fire by being a distraction. :roll:

Raven's right—most of our guys are on east coast time, but I'm a left coaster. I'm typically on after 2100 Eastern.

Hope we get to wing up soon. In the meanwhile, please make yourself at home in our forum. :D

Cheers,
—Grit
:RAFSalute: