patch to what version

Help and diagnosis for technical issues

Moderator: RAF_DaddyO

RAF_Sparky

patch to what version

Postby RAF_Sparky » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:37 am

S! I have a steam install of il21946, do we know where or what version sensed patching up to for hyperlobby etc, I have reinstalled HL just not launched it yet
RAF_Loke

Re: patch to what version

Postby RAF_Loke » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:42 pm

S!

I see the server is running HSFX 7.0.3, where I have 7.0.2.
I found the files so they can be manual installed, as the updater.exe doesn't work.
Question is, where all these files shall be placed?
Image by Jens Voigt, on Flickr
"My main use of a tailhook, is to fly low and snatch up a case of beer!
So thata way I aint gotta land my plane, and get out to git the beer. It works quite well, really.
RAF_XRAY 29-07-2010"

"Getting older is not an occupation I should ever have gotten into.
RAF_Samson 29-10-2014"
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Re: patch to what version

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:45 pm

S! Sparky,

Two paths to take to get IL2 up to date: Stock or modd'ed.
(plenty of servers on hyperlobby play either variant. My 662.org server is currently playing HSFX7.03 (modd'ed), but I can also do stock if demand is high enough.)

Under stock, try to get up to Stock 4.13. (you can find all updates patches etc.. under missions4today: http://www.mission4today.com/ downloads area.

Under modded: most of us are playing HSFX mod series 7.0.3 or later. HSFX 7.x is based on 4.12.2 from the base game... these mods can be found under SAS site: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?board=191.0

Also, you might find some help and direction, in the useful links section below in our site.. see DaddyO's getting started guide and link on the main page. Its a a little dated now, but it can help you navigate the sequences of stock and modded updates. And it explains things like hyperlobby and teamspeak. I think it leaves off at 4.11 stock and HSFX 6.

S!
DDO.
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C