Question for Raf_DaddyO

Help and diagnosis for technical issues

Moderator: RAF_DaddyO

O_Stribo

Question for Raf_DaddyO

Postby O_Stribo » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:06 pm

Hi there Raf_DaddyO !
The Oceanic has been greatly enjoying flying on the Raf662 server and appreciate you efforts in building the maps. But here in Aus lately my ping is over the 300 ping limit thus i get kicked and cannot enjoy your server.
So i went to your downloads page and got the Skies of Normandy.miz and the Skies of Normandy.lua files and put them both in my Users/Stribo/savedgames/dcsopenalpha/missions folder and started the server and got a script error about a moose file not being able to open. So i got the moose.lua file and dropped that in there too. Same deal. So after some googleing i worked out and went to the mission editor and put a Mission start/do script file (moose.lua) and another for the Skies of Normandy.lua. This stopped the error and loads up fine.
I can call the b17's and two German planes take off to intercept but nothing else seems to take off or spawn ,say if i fly my spit over enemy territory. Like the triggers aren't triggering? Flak is working though.
Any ideas as to what i have done wrong or do i have to just give the server more time to spawn AI ? or does it need more than one player to spawn AI ?
Many thanks
O_Stribo.
:salute:

PS. This is not going into competition with your server. I will only be running it when us Aussies are flying. If i could get a better ping to the RAF server i would be there :( Maybe you could up you ping limit to 350 :ILikeIt: and save me the brain trauma of the dcs mission editor lol
O_Stribo

Re: Question for Raf_DaddyO

Postby O_Stribo » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:57 am

Hey thanks so much Raf_DaddyO! Cool as i was just talking to Raf_Raven on TS so i understand the problems i'm having and why and the hours put into making this all possible.
Thanks for the ping increase. That will keep us down here flying on the server. Happy days!
S!
O_Stribo
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:13 am

S! Stribo,
thanks, let me know if the ping-check is still giving problems its easy to bump further.
hope you understand all the work we have invested in this map and the unique scripting options Raven sweated out the details on.
S!
DDO
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

O_Stribo

Postby O_Stribo » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:41 am

Absolutely understand the effort that has gone into it and support the server fully. Upping the ping has solved the issue as i would much rather fly on the RAF server than run one from my home PC. As i stated i have no interest in competing with the server just love flying the great map you guys have created ! Very much appreciate it :cheers:
S!
O_Stribo