Great news DCS Dedicated Server is HERE!!!!

Delta Squad - DCS World, Squad Leader: RAF_DaddyO
Information on flight times, and squad-specific postings belong here

Moderator: RAF_DaddyO

RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Great news DCS Dedicated Server is HERE!!!!

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:48 pm

S!

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Zw8LDMOiOko[/youtube]

This is an awesome improvement to DCS, we now have a dedicated, and automated DCS server. Prior to this, we had to run the full version of the game (UI and all) on our server machines, and it had to be controlled thru clicks on the GUI (arrg). Thru lots of work, mind you i had tamed that thru some wonky powershell scripts that echo'ed clicks into the game... arrg. but it kinda worked.

Now! That can be controlled hands off, and takes up MUCH less resources on our hosting servers too! For those of you who host DCS missions (like Rav and myself) this is fan-*beep*-tastic!

Our DCS WWII server is now hosting thru the dedicated server mech. It provides us a remote console where we can monitor our game server from anywhere. And, our current scripted tickers, live list, and stats scripting thats already displayed on our home page all still works! so we can continue to provide the high levels of functionality our server guests now enjoy!

Very happy today here!!! We also have auto-powershell scripts that run the server and can restart it with one-click or remote call!, and we have the play tracking, ticker and stats tracking we've always enjoyed.

See this info if you wish to host your own dedicated server.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=200724&page=5

setups:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233486

S!
:ILikeIt: :cheers:
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

RAF_Keener

Re: Great news DCS Dedicated Server is HERE!!!!

Postby RAF_Keener » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:01 pm

S!
It's been too long. Hope you guys are well.

Are you guys still flying? I have the Oculus and would love to give DCS a go. Let me know as I would most likely not venture in unless the RAF662 was still in.
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:30 pm

S! Keener, yes, we are still flying, but somewhat spotty as to when, but we have our own server thats up 24/7, its really nice, go in and make yourself at home!.. So go in and have fun! It has autogenerated missions and scenarios and AI avaiable for fun! Look for server in the server's list called: !=== RAF662.org WWII Server ===! (missioning = skys of Normandy). S! DDO
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

RAF_Grit

Postby RAF_Grit » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:39 am

Keener!!!!!

Beerbuzz just got an Occulus, and he loves it. I'm sure you could talk him into joining you in the skies. Heck, I might jump in too.

Glad to see you're still around. Fingers crossed we'll see more of you soon.
—Grit
:RAFSalute: