Hi!

Delta Squad - DCS World, Squad Leader: RAF_DaddyO
Information on flight times, and squad-specific postings belong here

Moderator: RAF_DaddyO

BuzZoo

Hi!

Postby BuzZoo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:01 am

Hi all,

35 year old Aussie here. Grew up loving flying and playing MS Flight sim 98 then went to university and forgot about it for the longest time.
Have recently got back into it all, have a HOTAS, pedals and a trackir is due to arrive tomorrow.
I'm amazed at the fidelity of virtual flying options these days and I'm very keen to explore all that DCS has to offer.

The spitfire module has been my main love for the last couple of months and I came across this website via the multiplayer server.
The timezones are an issue and it's basically tumbleweed in my evening, but mornings on weekends seems to be a busy time.
Just wanted to say a big hi if you see me, and please let me know if there's any further ways to have fun or get involved in the multiplayer side of things.

BuzZoo
RAF_Jrock

Re: Hi!

Postby RAF_Jrock » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Howdy From Texas, BuzZoo!
Hope to see you around on the server and teamspeak. If you have any questions feel free to ask. And no worries on timezones, I believe we have members from all over.
RAF_Raven

Postby RAF_Raven » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:32 pm

Hey BuzZoo,

Some of us started with FS98 and CFS1 also, been a long time haha. Glad to see your interest in flying, it doesnt get any better than DCS!
Feel free to join us on TS or the DCS server, as Jrock said we are from all over, and online at random times.

There are other groups that fly on our server, and I believe some are Aussies too :)

See you in the Skies of Normandy S!
BuzZoo

Postby BuzZoo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:16 am

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Looking forward to bumping into you online!
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:27 pm

S! Hi Buzzoo!
We have member RAF_Franky who's from Aus-land. Also, check into getting Teamspeak 3 (its free), and see if you can connect it to our groups teamspeak server (IP address, port and password) are listed above on our main page in the upper left hand window. with this you can chat with any of our members when we're online. Of course, you're welcome to fly on our DCS server (if you're inclined to DCS) anytime you like. it has a pretty good public following and members are on/off at various times. We're the guys with the RAF_ tags! ;-). Welcome to the boards, have fun and get connected!
DDO
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

BuzZoo

Postby BuzZoo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:55 am

RAF_DaddyO wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:27 pm
S! Hi Buzzoo!
We have member RAF_Franky who's from Aus-land. Also, check into getting Teamspeak 3 (its free), and see if you can connect it to our groups teamspeak server (IP address, port and password) are listed above on our main page in the upper left hand window. with this you can chat with any of our members when we're online. Of course, you're welcome to fly on our DCS server (if you're inclined to DCS) anytime you like. it has a pretty good public following and members are on/off at various times. We're the guys with the RAF_ tags! ;-). Welcome to the boards, have fun and get connected!
DDO
Cheers DaddyO!

I'll get Teamspeak up and running ASAP. Sunday morning my time (Sat night US time) I will likely try and pop in. Look forward to catching you at some point!