Trouble is Coming to DCS...

Delta Squad - DCS World, Squad Leader: RAF_DaddyO
Information on flight times, and squad-specific postings belong here

Moderator: RAF_DaddyO

RAF_Grit

Trouble is Coming to DCS...

Postby RAF_Grit » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:06 pm

S!

You're in trouble now. My DCS install is now working, both DCS 1.5.7 and DCS 2.0! :o

I can already tell there's a LOT of setup ahead of me, and learning the new interface and flight model. :?

For the moment I won't be sullying the skies over Normandy. Enjoy the untainted airspace while you can.
As soon as that module goes on sale I'll be in. And then all your fun is over. :lol:

Any tips, setup shortcuts, etc. would be most welcome. Feel free to point me at existing threads with a note like "Read this, j@ck@$$!"—until I could run this thing I ignored all DCS posts, so I'm far from current and apologize in advance for questions already asked and answered weeks or months ago.

Cheers!
Last edited by RAF_Grit on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
—Grit
:RAFSalute:
RAF_Raven

Re: Trouble is Coming to DCS...

Postby RAF_Raven » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:11 pm

Last edited by RAF_Raven on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:38 am

oh, my... 'something evil this way comes...'....
lock up your daughters and batten down the liquor cabinets... Grits headed to DCS!
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

RAF_Grit

Postby RAF_Grit » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:56 am

Thank you, Raven, for the helpful links.

And DaddyO, you forgot to mention the need to alert airfield maintenance about my impending arrival. I imagine there's going to be a lot of blast craters to fill in at HQ once I start takeoff and landing practice. :shock:
—Grit
RAF_Grit

Postby RAF_Grit » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:05 am

Just in case it's not readily (painfully) apparent, I've gotten my DCS to work. Which means if my dusty, moldy system can run this thing, yours probably can too.

The initial impression was there's a LOT to learn. But about half of that was getting the setup and key bindings assigned. The rest isn't that bad, and if you even resembled an ace in IL-2 you'll be totally fine in here.

On the other side of it, thanks to DaddyO and Raven's hard work, the RAF662 DCS server seems to be enjoying a fair amount of popularity, and we're drawing guest pilots on the map and in our own TS3. Which means this might actually turn out to be a replacement for the community we previously enjoyed in IL-2, and which I, for one, sorely miss.

It's worth an exploration, or at least a think, for sure.
—Grit