DCS: Normandy 1944

Delta Squad - DCS World, Squad Leader: RAF_DaddyO
Information on flight times, and squad-specific postings belong here

Moderator: RAF_DaddyO

RAF_Grit

Re: DCS: Normandy 1944

Postby RAF_Grit » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:58 pm

Kahuna!!!!!!

You're not that late. I'm still working on seeing if my system will support this nonsense. But it looks like this is gonna be our air combat platform for the foreseeable future.

Glad to hear from ya, man. You gonna be joining us regularlike?

FYI, we're still killing time with World of Tanks on a fairly regular basis. It's totally lowbrow fun, but it requires such low mental bandwidth it's easy to blow stuff up and catch up/crack wise at the same time. If you haven't looked into it I highly recommend—you can't beat the price (FREE!). :ILikeIt:

Cheers!
—Grit
:RAFSalute:
RAF_Kahuna

Postby RAF_Kahuna » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:32 pm

I'm Jack...the dull boy. Work consumes and the wife awaits at home for her attention. I have the rig to support DCS and I'm game to play. I'm looking into a new flight rig...Warthog and rudders and a chair that will support it. Feel that its time to upgrade. DCS World 2.0 installed, but need to clean up the drive for space if I commit to it. 2.0 comes with a P-51...is this the dumb down version?
Or do I need to buy the whole version to join. Also...Allied/Axis...what do we have has a whole? Are flying 109s as well?

WoT...When and where...I'll play, but I do hope that we can still fly. I'm on Hyperlobby...all the time...I'm the only RAF there with tags. Soo alone.
Molon Labe "come and take them"
RAF_Grit

Postby RAF_Grit » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:53 pm

We're on WoT a lot weeknights. Screwball0 is on almost every night, Beerbuzz, me most weeks (but not the past couple). We're on a group text so if one of us is going in we text and people join up. Beerbuzz is keeper of that flame, he's our tank commander.

Raven or DaddyO are your info sources for DCS—I've yet to even turn a prop in there, so I am of zero technical help (which, come to think of it, is my usual state regarding most things). :roll:

I don't know whether we'll be Allied or OpFor, but I suspect Axis will be light. I'm looking to split most time between the 109K and the Spit, unless there's something strange with the modeling. My gunnery's never been good enough for boom 'n zoom—I need a close-in fight, which would be Messerschmitt or Spitfire. But I have way more time in 109s, from IL-2.

Glad to have you back in the pattern. :lol:
—Grit
RAF_Raven

Postby RAF_Raven » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:05 pm

S! Kahuna

DCS 1.5 comes with the TF51 Mustang(no guns) and 2.0 is an upgrade of 1.5 that features new maps like Nevada and Normandy, so you will have to buy Normandy 1944 Map + WWII Assets Pack https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... ial_offers
and any WWII aircraft P51D, Spitfire, 109 or 190. We fly the Mustang and Spitfire the most but DDO owns the 109 and flies it regularly.
Eagle Dynamics sells the aircraft in packs sometimes, Grit got all 4 in a sale not long ago.
Our DCS server is setup for any of the WWII aircraft over Normandy with the Assets pack.
RAF_Kahuna

Postby RAF_Kahuna » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:14 pm

Well I'll dig into WoT's and get that going. Group text? How does that work. Add people to a group per se? I think that that should be simple to fingure out.

Will have get up to spec on DCS and see if we can get this rolling. Good to be back in the pattern.
RAF_Raven

Postby RAF_Raven » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Beerbuzz or Grit can help with the text group.
Glad you're back! We need more pilots on DCS, it is the best flight sim in my opinion.
S!
RAF_Grit

Postby RAF_Grit » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:43 pm

PM Beerbuzz your mobile, he'll add you to the WoT text alert group (there's no Hyperlobby for the thing). And of course if you're on RAF662's World Famous Teamspeak we can all see you in the TS Viewer and know someone's tanking and to load some shells and join up. :ILikeIt:

Weeknights are the hot nights for tanks, although there's occasional group activity weekend mornings, but not enough to count on.

Glad to have you back. We've missed ya bud.
—Grit
RAF_Kahuna

Postby RAF_Kahuna » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:57 pm

Sounds like fun. Hoping to squeeze in time between the two games. Glad to be back Grit. Looking for forward to some gaming again. I'll PM Beerbuzz.
RAF_Grit

Postby RAF_Grit » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:30 am

Okay, hoping someone can suss this out remotely (and yeah, I'm lookin' at you DaddyO and Raven). ;)

So I downloaded and installed DCS World 2 OpenAlpha, which apparently includes DCS World as well?

DCS World will run. DCS World 2 OpenAlpha returns a DCS.exe System Error
"The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I've done a Repair DCS World 2 OpenAlpha successfully, and updated successfully, and restarted, and still get this error. :|

Any clues? And thanks in advance, just for reading this and thinking about it. :salute:
—Grit
RAF_Raven

Postby RAF_Raven » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:58 am

S! Grit

Download the Visual C++ Redistributable:

For Windows 64-bit
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 (64-bit)
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746572

For Windows 32-bit
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 (32-bit)
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746571