Blackwood Lap Pointers/Analysis

Named in honor of RAF_Yank, Lieutenant Colonel Don Archer USAAF Retired, our own WWII veteran fighter pilot...come on in, belly up to the bar, and shoot the breeze!

Moderator: RAF_DaddyO

RAF_Grit

Blackwood Lap Pointers/Analysis

Postby RAF_Grit » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:33 pm

While poking around online during lunch I found this turn-by-turn guide to the old Blackwood GP track: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/13380

With the recent track update to higher curbs you have to modify the advice for how to take the chicane, but the braking point data and racing line info still seems relevant.

It seems very comprehensive, although it doesn't note where to honk the horn for maximum effect. I'm still working on how to map that.

I know Chris, Raven and BB don't need this data, but I think it might help me. I'm already doing most of it, but doing more would probably not be a bad idea. ;)

And this video of a 1:33.79 lap is kinda instructive
—Grit
:RAFSalute:
RAF_Raven

Re: Blackwood Lap Pointers/Analysis

Postby RAF_Raven » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:58 pm

Wow 133.79 thats insane. That car sticks to the track, literally.
Nice vid Grit thanks.
Last edited by RAF_Raven on Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
RAF_Grit

Postby RAF_Grit » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:14 pm

I wish we could see his setup. He's obviously got skills, but I'm sure his setup isn't hurting him any.

I downloaded a setup earlier this week that put me in the 1:36s for a couple of laps, but I tried it again last night driving with Beerbuzz and couldn't crack 1:39. I went back to my own sloppy joe setup and did a couple of high 1:38s. Still have a lot of homework and training to do, I guess.

—Grit
RAF_Raven

Postby RAF_Raven » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:18 pm

Here is a setup that you can download that claims to get 32.99 https://www.lfs.net/files/setups/10836/ ... IKKE-32-99

(Click the red gear to download, drop it in LFS/data/setups folder)
RAF_Grit

Postby RAF_Grit » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:06 pm

That's an interesting setup. Did you notice it uses hybrid tires on the rear, and road normal tires on the front? Hmmm...

I suppose that's one way to avoid understeer.
—Grit