New Recruit! Jixer

Forum for recruiting and recruiting information... post up here if you're interested in joining or need more information.

Moderator: RAF_DaddyO

RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

New Recruit! Jixer

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:22 pm

S! Members,

Please welcome to the forums an interested recruit - Jixer!

Welcome to RAF662 forums Jixer. Have a look around, and post up some info about yourself. We hope to see you online soon, and say hey to the RAF members milling around here. One of the member's will grab you by the elbow and bend that elbow over a pint in the officer's mess!

Oh by the way Merry Christmas as well!
DDO
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C

jixer

Re: New Recruit! Jixer

Postby jixer » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:14 pm

Good Day All
Thank you for the welcome to your forum. I have been flying DCS and BOS war birds, i am at a stage where I can fly and navigate but just cant get the hang of combat, the plan would be to learn from you guys and to up my game but would also like to experience some of the history surrounding these planes.
Hope to speak soon
Jixer
RAF_DaddyO
Site Admin

Re: New Recruit! Jixer

Postby RAF_DaddyO » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:22 pm

S! Jixer,
Awesome, thanks for the information. Worthy goals, both of them for sure! I've been flying DCS world primarily, and have the p51, p47, spit, bf109, fw190a8. If you fly DCS, what aircraft do you generally fly?

I'd be happy to come online with you some evening soon, and give ya some combat pointers. If you have DCS available, our server is a good place to play. I happen to know some secret intel about where enemy AC can be found ;-).
Not that I'm an expert, by any means, but I've been spending a lot of time against our AI (LOL). Somewhat, less time player vs player (PVP).

Two keys to being effective which boils it right down:

Tactics - pitting your AC's strengths against your opponent's weaknesses, and trying not to get caught in a bad situation which plays into your opponent's strengths.

Good Shooting - which is all about range, lead, and deflection angles. BTW, here's a really good read about shooting range and angles provided directly by the RAF, in a small training pamplet - it can be printed and worked as a workbook to practice estimation of lead and angle. (Most folks shoot WAY too far away, range estimation and measurement is very key) https://www.raf662.org/docs/Bag%20the%2 ... anual).pdf

S!
DDO
RAF_DaddyO
RAF662 CFSG C-in-C